I’m mentioning this outfit because it is so simple. And simplicity is a pretty big theme on this blog, yeah?
For the outfit, the ratio of effort to compliments is crazy skewed. Like, minimal effort for maximum compliments. And I don’t know if someone else wearing this outfit will get as many compliments as I’ve been getting, but it’s so simple there’s no harm in trying, right? I mean, if you want an easy outfit and the confidence boost of acquaintances’ compliments?
Okay, okay, I’m going to shut up now. I think I’m hyping it up way too much already. Especially since it’s nothing new. (Just do an internet search for it — everyone’s wearing it already.)
It’s jeans and a white t-shirt.
- jeans – right now I have 2 pairs of maternity jeans — both “jegging” skinny jeans, 1 black and 1 dark wash
- t-shirt – also maternity right now. I prefer v-necks and usually don’t tuck it in.
Here’s how the outfit is specific to me:
- lipstick – I currently have 104 by Kate Moss with Rimmel and Poppy by 100% Pure. (I’ve also got my eye on Cactus Bloom by 100% Pure.) Note: these are totally subjective to skin tone.
- scarf – I have 3 from which to choose — blue patterned, plum-purple floral, and pale-yellow-green and pink floral
- shoes – I have 4 pairs, depending on the weather. Cold: classic lace-up boot. Warm: blue Converse low-tops. Hot: teal strapped sandals. Rain: Timberland boots.
And that’s it. Simple simple. Unoriginal, sure, but also so classic. Timeless. Comfortable and even chic.
Bruce Springsteen, with a red or blue bandana, famously wore this simple outfit. I also think it would work really well with a black t-shirt — and then there is less worry about stains! I think my husband looks so, so good in medium-wash jeans and a fitted black crew-neck t-shirt. I mean, of course all clothes looks best when they fit well.
I love this outfit. It is my current uniform. As the weather gets hotter, I will opt for some cuffed jean shorts. Maybe a floppy hat instead of the scarves.
I love the simplicity. I feel good. And I look good, too. A lovely trifecta. A fabulous new uniform for me!